About

A blog about cooking and food, and how to make it taste good and be healthy. The dishes are almost all gluten/dairy free, and many are vegetarian. The focus is on techniques and ingredients over recipes - this is about everyday cooking, and that means making it work with whats on hand!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pakoras, Part II

These chicken parkoras are similar to the apple pakoras, except they are one big chunk coated in the chickpea batter, and I found a new spice blend specific to pakoras.

The mix is mostly corriander and salt, but there's a number of other ingredients. It tastes pretty good. I will use up this box, but won't necessarily buy another.
I had a little trouble getting the pakora batter to coat the chicken. Usually I will make pakoras with small, cut-up chunks, even if I'm making chicken. That lets the batter settle around the main ingredient. With one big chunk of chicken, the batter kind of drips off. I think the trick is to deep fry. The ones in the top picture were the best looking results, but they all tasted good.
I ate them with some store-bought (though made in-store) mint chutney.





No comments:

Post a Comment