About

A blog about cooking and food, and how to make it taste good and be healthy. The dishes are almost all gluten/dairy free, and many are vegetarian. The focus is on techniques and ingredients over recipes - this is about everyday cooking, and that means making it work with whats on hand!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

9 cooking myths you probably believe (Cracked.com)

From Cracked.com: 9 cooking myths you probably believe. How many did you believe?

I would add this about searing:

If I am cooking a good steak, I will basically only sear it, and eat it rare. You can do your searing at the end to get the extra browning and flavor if you are making a roast. If I am braising/stewing/slow cooking something, I still sear it to get the flavors - the cooking juices will keep it moist, and you can't brown the meat when you're done if you're making something like pulled pork or beef stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment