About

A blog about cooking and food, and how to make it taste good and be healthy. The dishes are almost all gluten/dairy free, and many are vegetarian. The focus is on techniques and ingredients over recipes - this is about everyday cooking, and that means making it work with whats on hand!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Italian Wedding Soup

 While its still cold out, here's one more soup - Italian wedding. The basics of Italian wedding soups are chicken broth, meat(balls), and green vegetables. Its a hearty and healthy soup that can almost be a meal by itself.

To make the "meatballs", I took a shortcut and just rolled up Italian sausage meat into little sausage balls. I browned the balls, and then added onion and garlic.
Once those had softened, I added some chopped tomatoes, and then the chicken broth. As always with soup, the better your broth the better your soup will be. At this point, I also added salt and pepper.
When the broth was hot, I added the green vegetables: baby zucchini, green onion, and frozen spinach. Once the soup started simmering again, I stirred in an beaten egg, and called it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment