About

A blog about cooking and food, and how to make it taste good and be healthy. The dishes are almost all gluten/dairy free, and many are vegetarian. The focus is on techniques and ingredients over recipes - this is about everyday cooking, and that means making it work with whats on hand!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Bourbon Chicken

This is a bourbon chicken along the lines of what you get in mall and airport food courts. It actually a pretty simple dish, as it comes down to basically chicken and sauce.

The sauce was made with bourbon, blackstrap molasses, soy sauce, a splash of cider vingear, ginger and garlic (I used paste, but fresh is always better). The sauce should be thick from the molasses and not too watery.
After that, its just cooking chicken. I fried the chicken in a cast iron pan in some olive oil. Shortly before the chicken was done, I added a few leeks, because I had them and their sweetness helps them fit in with the other flavors. I added the sauce and cooked it down.

Once the sauce started getting thick, I put the pan under the broiler for a few minutes to give the top layer a bit of a glaze (made possible by all the sugars in the molasses). I ate it with rice and broccoli.



1 comment:

  1. Amazing.. BY seeing your post itself my moth getting watery. Thank you for your unique post with us.

    Online Food Delivery Chennai

    ReplyDelete